Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Word About the Box of "Required Reading"

...in the sidebar on the left. I just want to clarify: I often put links in that box that are a bit irreverent (like P.J. O'Rourke's column reflecting on his cancer diagnosis), or links to articles with which I do not agree but which make for good conversation with my teens. Most of the time, the articles are just interesting to me...the most common categories are music, science, politics (as close as I get to posting on such matters!), and religion, or some combination of all of these topics. Please know that some articles are from sources with advertisements which are offensive, and some of the articles are in fact offensive in themselves. That's why they are left in the box, and not put on display or quoted on the blog proper.

Just wanted to make that clear. Enjoy the afternoon.

No comments: