Friday, August 8, 2008

History, Geography, and Politics?

Gosh, I love Google Reader. Just when I need to find a binding force for my "social studies" course this year, I stumble across today's post (a thoughtful rant) on Mere Comments by Anthony Esolan, author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to Western Civilization (released on my birthday, so it has to be good). I see it is also available from Audible. We have enjoyed other PIGs, including English and American Literature and American History. These are typically full of book recommendations themselves, and the funny thing is, most of the recommendations are already on my shelves.

1 comment:

Mary G said...

Macbeth -- thanks so much for re-mentioning the PIGs .... I'd forgotten the one about Amer History (which will be such a great supplement for me for our AH!).

You're a wonder ....