Friday, July 11, 2008

A Bird Hunt at the Beach! Join Us!

Take a walk down the boardwalk with us, and let's see what we can find!


The dunes rise on either side of us, but we pass through to the beach.



We see a skimmer and its shadow. The skimmer's lower bill is longer than its upper bill!



We see a family of American oyster catchers. Can you tell which is the baby?



Can you find the endangered piping plover?



Here's a tern chick. Take a good look!



Can you see any in this photo?



How about this one? They are very well camouflaged in the sand!

Thanks for coming with us!

2 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Such beautiful shots! I can't wait to show the kids.

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots! The one and only time I saw skimmers here in key West I didn't have my camera with me and it was a HUGE flock out behind the seaplane hanger on base. We sat there in the car forever and watched them wheel and turn and land in the high winds. They're brilliant.