Friday, January 16, 2009

Role Models: A Poll

Looking for a science role model? Her's a brief discussion at Sci Guy (H/T American Spectator):

"Based again on everything you have seen, read or heard, who would you say are the science role models for the youth of today in America?

Most comments were general (i.e. "Teachers," 9 percent, or "Astronauts," 5 percent)... "

Sci Guy has results and comments.

And yes, Bill Nye is on the list, but not Neil deGrasse Tyson. I mention both together because they were featured together in a recent episode of Stargate Atlantis.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

That was a great episode! I confess, I was excited to see Bill Nye, but had no idea who Neil deGrasse Tyson was. I'll have to read up on him, and then watch it again. :)

MacBeth Derham said...

I heard once that someone criticized Tyson for not going into politics, since, as a smart guy, he would be more well-known. He laughed and said he preferred science. But if you look on the AMNH website, you can see he does not toil in absolute obscurity.

Heather - Doodle Acres said...

I agree with Tracy. I loved that episode but had no idea who Neil was.

Hope tells me that you all were as disappointed as we were with the series finale. Maybe they'll do a follow-up movie or something...

Tracy said...

I have not been watching this season, as we don't have the Sci-Fi channel. We watched it all on Netflix, except for a few episodes from this season (including this one) that a nun we know taped for us. I heard that they are spinning off yet another series, though, is that right?