Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Physics and Gore?

Monday, Libby and I attended an open house at a local women's liberal arts college. As part of the program to introduce young women to the college, the students were invited to choose a class to attend. With neither music nor chemistry available during her time slot, Libby chose physics. Imagine her surprise when she sat in a class of about 80 students to view a film by a certain Nobel Laureate! She almost walked out...but to her amusement, the students began to laugh as the film rolled. Better yet, the professor provided an atmosphere of serious science, taking a critical look at the film, its star, and his ideas. Libby was delighted, and began her application essay as soon as she got home.

1 comment:

Spinneretta said...

Delightful :) I wish I had been there to see it too ;)
I thought for sure you were talking about a gory physics lecture and I wondered LOL...