Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why I Love My Homeschool Support Group

Top 10 reasons:

10. It's a welcoming autonomous collective, with so many beautiful children!

9. When another mom says, "I can't believe how much he/she has grown!" she really means it!

8. Event planners who take a great field trip idea and make it work for many.

7. The annual Shakespeare play performed by our Front Lawn Players.

6. Caroline's scones.

5. Celebrations--from births to weddings--and consolation in times of sorrow.

4. Our protestant members.

3. Confirmation in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.

2. Afternoons at Old Westbury Gardens.

1. The brilliant, eclectic ladies--lawyers, chefs, artists, dancers, scientists, musicians, servicewomen, nurses, and more--who are all women of faith raising their children the best way they know how.

What's so great about your support group??

2 comments:

Dan said...

I was happy to discover your MacBeth's Opinion blog today. I was unable to find an email link in your profile. I hope it's OK that I'm contacting you through a public comment. I've developed an educational program for Windows called SpellQuizzer that helps children learn their spelling words without the battle that parents often have getting them to sit down and write them out while the parents dictate to them. The parent enters the child's spelling words into the software making a sound recording of each word. Then the software helps the child practice his or her their words. It really helped my children with their weekly spelling lists.

I would appreciate your reviewing SpellQuizzer in MacBeth's Opinion. You can learn more about the program at http://www.SpellQuizzer.com. There's a video demo you can watch at http://www.spellquizzer.com/SpellQuizzer-Demo.htm. Finally, there's a page targeted to homeschooling families at http://www.spellquizzer.com/spelling-software-for-homeschoolers.htm. I'd be happy to send you a complimentary license for the software. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you very much!

Dan Hite
TedCo Software
http://www.SpellQuizzer.com
Dan@SpellQuizzer.com

Anonymous said...

Well, I'd have to agree with all the reasons you've listed. On the surface our group seems to be a fairly homogenous group of ladies and children, but really it is the subtle differences in how we educate our children; bring our faith to life,both in and out of the home; and generally accept each other and help each other grow that I would add to the list! Thanks for the reminder and encouragement.