Friday, February 27, 2009

Pancake Pudding

Inspired by Mrs. T., and stuck with leftover pancakes, I decided to try using the flat quick breads as a base for a pudding...it worked out quite nicely, though I just added egg, cream, sugar and cinnamon (what, no syrup? noooo. I forgot we had a gallon of the stuff to use--typical me).

But here's the problem: We have the leftover pancakes because someone gave up pancakes for Lent. Can that someone eat the modified pancakes and still maintain the Lenten discipline? Hmm?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Sure, why not? Over at Jimmy Akin's blog, they've pretty much determined that eating meat on Friday is just fine, so long as you chop it up and put it in a soup.

And all this time I've been turning down NE Clam Chowder any time it has bacon in it -- or forcing my poor husband to pretend he likes vegetarian rice & beans! All we needed to make the meaty version ok was a little *broth*!!! Who knew??

(tongue firmly inserted in cheek ... tho' I guess he'd argue it needn't be!)(Oh, and that dessert? I say they're still pancakes. Offer it up.) :)

MacBeth Derham said...

OK, Eileen...what about waffles? LOL!

MacBeth Derham said...

Or blini? Chinese pancakes with mu shu? Crepes?

Anonymous said...

Now see here -- I gave up coffee, and eating between meals. Tell me some more about your pancake-genre related suffering. LOL!!!

MacBeth Derham said...

OOOoooh. I gave up coffee one year. No one liked me for a long time. Not doing that again. Pancakes shmancakes.